I was watching videos about Narcissistic Personality Disorder on YouTube yesterday when this video showed up in my feed. The video is by Lisa A. Romano and she shares great advise on what to do to protect yourself against the narcissists in your life. The five skills she talks about in this video are, as follows,
- Hold onto your right to your perceptions
- Confront the idea that you might fear not being liked
- Accept other people’s faulty perceptions of you
- Identify the intent of the language being used
- Identify patterns in your life
Lisa explains these life skills very well and in an easy-to-understand way. She provides examples that most of us can relate to. I would like to share from my own experience in a separate post. For now, find access to the video right below and I hope you find it as useful as I did.